Friday, October 2, 2009

Bridges, Waves, Trails, Signs

As I mentioned in my last post, my camera has decided to stop working, but the good news is I have a replacement camera in my hands now and I had a chance to go through some photos from the past month. I picked out a few that caught my attention, here they are in no particular order...

Traffic trails on highway 150, the main coastal road that runs through town. If you squint your eyes you can see the McDonalds golden arches.



Not these golden arches... here are a few views of Higashi-Bashi (east bridge) at sunset. This is one of the main bridges into the town, follow the road straight to the beach and you end up at Higashi-Bashi the surfspot.




View from Higashi-Bashi toward the west.




When the west winds pick up, everybody heads for Toyohama since the jetties here protect the surf from the strong wind. Notice the stadium seating jetty, perfect for jumping off into the lineup if your to lazy to paddle out.




Two photos from a bike ride towards the west, along the pacific coastal bike trail. This trail stretches for miles and miles along the coast, I've explored about 2 hours in each direction but there is plenty more to do. Many stretches of the trail look like this with empty beach and nobody around.




You don't have to speak Japanese to get the point of this warning sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment