Monday, July 12, 2010

Cojo Cup

This late breaking news is a few weeks old, but I participated in a surf contest a few weeks ago at a fun beachbreak down the road, the "Cojo Cup." Kind of like the infamous Burning Bowls, but with Bento lunchboxes and Asahi instead of Hotdogs and Budweiser. Nori-san of Cojo surfboards gets all of his team riders together for the contest every year, this year I was thrown into the "riders cup" division.


This is Nori-san, he shapes Cojo (yes named after the ranch) boards, recently he has been letting me try all kinds of test shapes, from shortboards to EPS/Styrofoam 4-fin rocket fish boards.



Akihito preps for his first round heat...



I ended up winning my division and taking home the coveted trophy and a cool 10 grand (yen). The prize money went straight to celebratory beer and sushi.



If you can read Japanese, you can check out Nori-san's website with all of the results HERE, (scroll down further on the site for exclusive photos of "Bert Templeman").

And some more photos of the action HERE

1 comment:

  1. WHA?!?! yeah barto, congrats! I think I'm gonna get Bento Boxes for the fall Burning Bowls.

    ReplyDelete